Consultant's Short Biography
||Financial Reporting, Audit and Assurance, Business Advisory services
||UK, Germany, UAE, SriLanka
Tofazzul is a fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA) working as a public accountant in Bangladesh.
Tofazzul is a partner of A. Qasem & Co, Chartered Accountants. He is also the Senior Consultant
of Hussains, Business Consultants. His specialties include audit and assurance, due diligence
review, business process review, advising FDI clients and new business set up in Bangladesh.
As an experienced auditor trained by KPMG, Rahman Rahman Huq, he has lead over numerous
external audits of different clients (about 100 clients) including major multinational companies
and local big corporate houses.
As a consultant, Tofazzul has updated knowledge on audit, and financial reporting and the
surrounding regulatory frameworks including VAT Act and Rules 1991 to advise clients on various
aspects of the business and on tax planning. He is skilled in reviewing internal control systems of
business organizations; conducted training on IFRS and reporting framework; and helped clients to
adopt IFRS and carried out financial due diligence reviews.
Industry/sector wise working experience:
- » Banking and non-banking Financial Institutions; and Capital Market
- » Consumer goods including electronics, pharmaceuticals, and poultry industry
- » Government-sector Corporation; and NGO, Development Partners
- » Power & Energy
- » Service industry
- » Telecommunications
- » Textiles, etc.
- 1. Since 2008 to date Partner of A. Qasem & Co, Chartered Accountants (a cooperating firm of PwC)
- 2. 2006-2008 Partner, Octokhan, Chartered Accountants
- 3. 2004-2006 Manager, Audit & Assurance, KPMG Rahman Rahman Huq, Chartered Accountants
- 4. 2001-2004 Trainee auditor, KPMG, Rahman Rahman Huq, Chartered Accountants
- » B.com (Hons) and M.Com (Accounting) 1996 - 2000
- » Graduated with Honors in Accounting obtaining 1st class (5th position) and post graduated also in
Accounting obtaining 2nd class (5th position) from Madan Mohon College Sylhet under National University of Bangladesh.
Professional accreditation and Education
- » The ICAB Fellow member (FCA) of the ICAB enrolment 848
- » Trainer/lecturer- ICAB
- » KPMG KAM champion selected by KPMG MESA in 2005
- » KPMG audit Manual (KAM) in Colombo and UAE
- » International and Bangladesh Financial Reporting Standards
- » Sarbanes Oxley Act 2002; International and Bangladesh Standards on Auditing
- » PCAOB Standards
- » The Companies Act 1994; Income Tax Ordinance 1984
- » Standard Course on VAT Act 1991
- » Customs Act 1969
- » The Bank Company Act of Bangladesh; Forex Regulations and directives of Bangladesh Bank
- » Financial Institution Act; Public Procurement Regulations (PPR) 2003
- » Regulations promulgated by NGO Affairs Bureau of Bangladesh
- » Ordinance, Rules, and Regulations for Securities Exchange Commission, and Listed Public Companies of Bangladesh etc
- » Sponsoring a capacity building program at Bishwamver Pur, Sunamgonj since 2006 with a dream of seeing at
least 10 qualified, successful persons each year from Bishwamver Pur Upazilla.
- » Member of Professional Club Limited
- » Member of Banani Club Limited
- » EC Member of Bangladesh VAT Forum
- » Member of the Tax and Law Committee, and the Articled Student Committee of ICAB