Consultant's Short Biography
- » Expert in the area of Company's Income Tax as well as VAT including Central VAT Registration
- » Familiar in the area of different type of Accounts through Accounting Software.
- » Excellent communication skills in Bangla & English and good rapport with NBR & LTU.
Service Experience & Key Responsibilities:
After completion of my 3.5 years C.A. Course on February '98, I joined in service and my total service length
is more than 14 years out of which around 8 years in the area of core Taxation
- » Financial Controller [Tupperware Bangladesh Limited]
- 1. All over responsibility of the department including monthly Financial, World Wide Reporting, Statutory
compliance and all.
- 2. Supervise to make sure that all the VAT compliance are in line from Monthly Return, Price Declaration,
Legal correspondence to Appeal procedures.
- 3. Ensure submission of Income Tax Return and providing documents to complete the Assessment by our
- 4. Ensure TDS & VDS in compliance with law, where applicable
- 5. Submission of Return U/S 108 of the ITO 1984 and TDS Statement.
- 6. Maintaining day-to-day correspondence and relationship with Banks and different authorities.
- 7. All kinds of Secretarial issues of the Company with RJSC.
- » Manager-Tax & VAT in MJL Bangladesh Limited (Former Mobil Jamuna Lubricants Ltd.)
A Joint Venture Lube Oil Company established by ExxonMobil, USA with Jamuna Oil Company of Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation-BPC).
Registered Office at Mobil House, CWS (C) 9, Gulshan-1, Dhaka
VAT Related Job
Income Tax related job
- 1. Supervise & monitoring of Unit VAT activities of Lube Oil Blending Plant located at Chittagong
- 2. Coordination and liaison for implementing computerized VAT accounting System for obtaining approval
from the authority.
- 3. Supervise of Price Declaration & personal hearing.
- 4. Correspondence against any illegal claim of VAT authority.
- 5. Preparation of Ground of Appeal & Appeal Argument and attend in the hearing before the Appeal /
Appellate Tribunal and Tax Ombudsman.
- 6. Represent the Company to the Sr. VAT Officials & NBR.
- 7. Preparation of Appeal Ground and Argument for any Customs related Appeal and appears before the
- 8. Communicate with Lawyer of High Court as per requirement to move any case before the
High Court/Supreme Court.
- 9. Follow up to ensure Duty Drawback claim in due time against Export.
- 1. Supervise in preparation of IT Return and ensure submission in due time.
- 2. Preparation of written Argument to complete the Assessment after personal appearance.
- 3. Maintain liaison with Senior Tax Officials of LTU.
- 4. Preparation of draft Ground of Appeal & Appeal argument and forward the same for review of Consultant.
- 5. Obtained Tax Exemption Certificat from NBR U/S 52 & 53 in relations with Rule 16 & 17A.
- 6. Ensure appropriate TDS & VDS where applicable.
- 7. Liaison with Sr. Tax Officials and NBR as and when required.
- 8. Represent the Company to different Tax authorities & NBR.
- 9. Communicate with Consultant as and when required.
- 10. Annual Tax planning and ensure deposit of AIT U/S 64.
- 11. Ensure timely submission of statement u/s 108 of the ITO 1984.
- 12. Communicate with different Govt. Offices on need basis.
- 13. Coordination in finalization of Annual Accounts with compliance of local law.
- » Asst. Accounts Manager [Asian Consumer Care Ltd.]
a FMCG (Toiletries & Cosmetics) Company of Dabur India & ACI Ltd.
Register Office at ACI Center, 245 Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka.
- 1. Supervise & monitoring of day-to-day transaction of Accounts Department to assist Finance Controller.
- 2. Preparation of Monthly & Quarterly Report for Dubai & India.
- 3. Product Costing and its review.
- 4. Ensure appropriate source deduction of Tax & VAT where applicable.
- 5. Appear Appeal for any Customs related issue before the Appeal Com.
- 6. Finalization of Audited Accounts.
- 7. Correspondence and liaison with VAT & Tax Offices.
- 8. Ensure submission of IT Return and Statement of perquisite u/s 108.
- 9. Preparation of Ground of Appeal and appear hearing to VAT Appeal/Tribunal.
- 10. Maintaining day-to-day correspondence and relationship with Banks and different authorities.
- 11. Various Statement as and when required by the Management.
- 12. All kinds of Secretarial issues of the Company with RJSC.
- » Manager (Tax & VAT) in Group Accounts Department [PRAN Group]
12 R.K. Mission Road, Dhaka-1203
VAT related job
- 1. Supervise of all kinds of routine VAT related activities of Factory & Warehouses from record keeping to Price Declaration.
- 2. Preparation of Appeal Ground and appear the hearing.
- 3. Preparation of reply against any illegal claim of VAT Authority.
- 4. Reconciliation of monthly VAT Current Account with General Ledger.
- 5. Maintain liaison with senior VAT officials to ensure smooth operation of VAT activities of the Companies.
- 6. Communicate with Consultant as and when required specially to Appear the Appeal/Tribunal.
Tax related job
- 1. Coordination in preparing Annual Accounts in compliance with local law for submission of IT Return.
- 2. Completion of IT Assessment after preparation of Written Argument and personal hearing.
- 3. Preparation of periodical Accounts for Tax Holiday purpose and obtaining Tax Holiday U/S 46A after
due compliance of all kinds of Formalities.
- 4. Liasion and communication with senior Tax officials of the Circle/ Commissionarate/NBR for complete
the assessment/Appeal/ specific job to meet the business needs.
- 5. Ensure TDS, where applicable in compliance with ITO 1984.
- 6. Annual Tax Planning and ensure AIT u/s 64 in complianc of ITO 1984.
- 7. Obtaining of Tax Exemption Certificate U/S 52 & 53 in relation with Rule 16 & 17A.
- 8. Directors' personal IT Assessment.
- 9. Communicate with Consultant and Lawyer on need basis to achieve the desired result.
- » B.Com (Pass) and M.Com (Accounting) 1994
Professional accreditation and Education
- » Successfully passed the examination and obtained the certificate from NBR as Income Tax Practitioner (ITP)
Completed three and a half years' C.A. Course with one of the leading Chartered Accountancy firm of the
country, M/S. K.B.Newaz & Co., Chartered Accountants,12/1-A, R K Mission Road (3rd Floor), Dhaka-1203
under The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB).
Successfully completed the special course on English organized by The ICAB in 1998
Successfully completed the course on AccPac Simply Accounting organized by BRAC Information Technology
Institute (BITI) and also
performed the same as an instructor of BITI (Subsequently named as BRAC University).
Professional Training Course on VAT Management organized by The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and
Managers of Bangladesh (ICSMB).
Professional Training Course on Tax Management organized by The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and
Managers of Bangladesh (ICSMB).